Business Retention and Expansion (BRE) Program
The BEDC and the Brownsville community appreciate and support our local businesses and the opportunities and jobs they create for Brownsville residents.
Message to Local Entrepreneurs:
The BEDC is here for you and your business. Our goal is to help your local business succeed and to offer you with assistance in resolving any issues that may arise, as well as, explore new opportunities for your business to expand in Brownsville. The Business Retention & Expansion (BRE) Program can assist you with identifying your company’s immediate needs, challenges, future plans, and opportunities that increase economic development.
The BRE Program is a proactive and collaborative initiative that works to build relationships with local companies and city, state and federal resources and services found within the community that can help your company expand. This program supports our mission of helping companies establish or expand operations in the Brownsville Borderplex area.
For additional information about our BRE Program, contact Daniela Sosa, Business Retention and Expansion & Research Specialist at (956) 541-1183 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
BRE Program Goals and Achievements
- Establish and build relationships with local employers to better understand their business needs, challenges, or opportunities for expansion and growth.
- Assist businesses with finding solutions to their logistics and workforce needs.
- Forge partnerships and stronger collaboration among various sectors of our community.
- Be the link in the chain that connects businesses to solutions by communicating with the appropriate entity(s) capable of addressing their particular need(s).
- Help policy leaders better understand the business environment and give them information to help remove barriers to business growth.
- Work with education institutions to communicate the need for certain programs and/or skills based on local industry, and bridge the gap between education, workforce training, and industry.
- Help businesses find and recruit from within our community and assist companies in their training needs.
- Connect students and graduates to internships and employment opportunities in Brownsville.
- Foster more employment opportunities, develop the city’s competitiveness, and further enrich the quality of life for our community.
We collaborate with local, state and federal agencies, the following are a few of our partners:
- Unversity of Texas Rio Grande Valley Career Connection
- Texas Southmost College
- Texas State Technical College
- Port of Brownsville
- Workforce Solutions – Cameron
- Brownsville Independent School District – Career & Technology Education
- Brownsville Public Utilities Board
- Office of the Governor
- City of Brownsville